AccueilPortailChatboxCalendrierFAQGroupesLes EncyclopédiesRechercherS'enregistrerMembresConnexion
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Jeux, jouets et Lego : le deuxième à -50% (large sélection)
Voir le deal

French cinema

AuteurMessage
Parnassus
Mercenaire Interplanétaire
Mercenaire Interplanétaire
Parnassus

Masculin Age : 34

French cinema Empty
MessageSujet: French cinema   French cinema EmptyMer 2 Déc 2009 - 10:36

To try and get started on a cultural discussion, I thought we could talk about French films, and not necessarily sci-fi French films.

What do you think is the current situation in France regarding cinema?

I've got the feeling that there are several categories of directors. First, there seems to be some kind of "conservative" group of filmmakers, who work together, and who, frankly, do not interest me that much. I'm thinking of Gérard Jugnot, Christian Clavier and their friends, actually.

Then, there is the "amrican-like" category, especially since Europa Corp. and Luc Besson have started producing many action films like Le Transporteur or Taken. Not much food for thought, if you ask me.

Of course, there is the underground category: those unknown French directors who work very hard and very long to get their films made. By the way, there is an interesting film that will be released in February, called 8th Wonderland, and it's made by two French guys. Here's the trailer: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=20116970

And finally, there are some French outsiders, like Jean-Pierre Jeunet, who are taken by the american system (or not) and who are able to do almost whatever they want, and some others, who stay in France but who make very unusual films, like Albert Dupontel.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

French cinema
Page 1 sur 1